Friday 24 July 2015

Friday Fry Up (by G)

I've been thinking of trying black pudding again lately. The last time was a bit of a disaster because I tried it when I was nursing a massive hang-over - it did not go down well. Biggs was there and she was, naturally, very hung-over as well. She did not appreciate the experience any more than I did... for that reason I thought it best to wait for a day when Biggs was not home before trying it again.  The natural pairing for black pudding is a lot of fried things, so I did that.

Along with the black pudding I fried some sausages, hickory smoked bacon, eggs, pork sausages and a mushroom. Baked beans are a popular addition to a fry up so I added some of those. Also half a bag of oven chips that I had in the freezer.

The black pudding was excellent, though I'm glad I didn't cook up too much of it - it was pretty rich. The rest of the fried things were - as I knew they would be - life giving.

No comments: