Sunday 2 August 2015

Smoked Pork Chop with Rice and Beans (by G)

One of the ingredients I got from the new deli the other day was some giant smoked pork chops. I figured they may be similar to the gamon steaks I used to eat with gay abandon in my younger days. They were not quite the same, but they were smoked pork chops so they were not terrible.

To accompany the chops I made a wet rice - basically rice, garlic, tomato, stock, capsicum and broad beans simmered together and left a little sloppy.

The most memorable thing about this diner is that Biggs had to have a little vomit before eating dinner - rather than afterwards. Something about the look of dinner obviously did not appeal. I'll leave you to judge for yourself.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I had to have a bit of a post-afternoon drinking vomit but once that was out of the way dinner was delicious. Smoked pork - yes!!