Thursday 27 August 2015

Pork Belly and Fondant Potatoes (by Biggs)

I wanted to redeem myself after my terrible lamb effort the other night and cook a Sunday roast. Sunday roast on a Thursday I hear you ask?! Well, I'm on a few days annual leave at the moment so every day is Sunday for me.

Pretty simple really, jam a pork belly in an oven for several hours and dinner was done. I did have to slip the crackle under the grill for a minute to finish it off but all round fairly successful meat cookery.

What was less successful were the fondant potatoes. Until this morning I didn't know what a fondant potato was. Turns out it's a chunk of potato fried crisp on each side then cooked off in stock. I did that but sort of burnt them at the beginning then found them sort of soggy in the end. As you can see I managed to sort of burn the carrots as well.

I really am a better cook than this may allude.

No comments: