Saturday 8 August 2015

Pork, Pearl Barley and Vegetables (by G)

I've become a bit of a fan of the Berkshire pork since first trying it a couple of days ago. The plan this time was to try some of his ribs. In the interests of nutrition I also decided to include some vegetables.

First I chopped the ribs into little pieces and fried until crispy. Then I gave some vegetables a little fry - from memory there was zucchini and capsicum and cabbage and cauliflower.

Pearl barley is a new thing for me, I've never cooked with it but it turned out to be pretty awesome like rice but with more texture and... well, I don't know what else. It's bigger.

Anyway, I mixed the pork, vegetables and barley together and topped it with a hoisin, mushroom sauce and bottled smoke mix. Pretty tasty!

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Fuck me this was great. I had the pre-conceived idea that I hate pearl barley. However, it's not awful. It's awfully good.