Friday 7 August 2015

Friday Night Markets (by Biggs)

I got through a massively full on work week so wanted to celebrate with beers and food at the Friday night markets. G humoured me but I think only because he's been eyeing off the sign for Tom and John's Hot Wings for a while now.

We eased into dinner with some (fuckingly deliciously tender) meat on sticks then went for wings. The wing flavours were on a sliding scale from sweet to savoury to hot. I went with the hottest and the dry rubbed hot. Clearly I forgot I can't eat hot food. The dry rubbed ones were great. The hot ones were inedible but G heroically stepped up to the plate.

We also both got a snack for the way home. I chose a gourmet cheese sandwich which was pretty much just a cheese sandwich but G won the night with a Romanian sausage bun. A spicy skinless sausage on a bun with roasted capsicum salsa. I can't wait to try one of these babies.




1 comment:

G said...

Meat on sticks, meat on wings, sausages on buns - they were all great especially the meat on sticks, the wings and Romanian sausages.