Wednesday 26 August 2015

Korean Pancake (by G)

To try and pep up vegetarian Wednesday a bit I turned to the Koreans. I found a kale pancake recipe (Kaeil-jangtteok technically) which was suitably lacking in meat.

The pancake batter is made by mixing kale, onion, green and red chilli, flour, hot bean paste, regular bean paste and a bit of water. From the photo you can tell that I overbrowned the pancakes maybe just a touch. Just pancakes is not a meal so I paired it with some kimchi noodles (I'm pretty lazy so let's not get our hopes up too high). The packet noodles were some Korean flavour - I didn't pay too much attention - which I mixed through with some chopped kimchi. There may have been some dehydrated meat with the noodles, there were definitely some grey lumps that could possibly once have belonged to an animal.

I was disappointed with the pancakes, but they were vegetarian so my hopes were not high to begin with.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was spicy and vegetarian. A creative approach for a Wednesday.