Friday 21 August 2015

All-I-Can-Eat Sushi (by G)

Biggs was away so I had no dinner making responsibilities - I decided to let someone else do the hard work. I haven't been to a sushi train in ages so decided to go down that route.

There's a sushi train up the road that Biggs used to frequent frequently, she's taken me along a couple of times for 'all-you-can-eat-sushi'. I can eat a lot so all-you-can-eat is pretty economical for me.

Turns out that, though they haven't changed the name or anything, the sushi train place has undergone a change of management - no more all-you-can-eat. I didn't realise that before I'd already sat down and tried to order all-you-can-eat. I felt a bit of a dill asking for it, especially as the waitress had no knowledge of the concept of all-you-can-eat. She tried to interpret it in her head to a potential dish I wanted, 'okonomiyaki?'. 'No, don't worry about it'.  She went and got a pen and paper and made me write it down. She sounded out all the words but still could not fathom what I was after.

All plates are now $3.50 and I ate quite a few platesful - as well as a small salmon belly sashimi platter. Pictured are some crab claw croquettes and spicy chicken pieces.

After about an hour I had eaten all I could eat, it cost me about triple what I had budgeted for but the food was pretty good and I didn't have to cook anything.

No comments: