Friday 14 August 2015

Cubano Sandwich and Hash Browns (by G)

Biggs was due not to be dining at home tonight so I decided to go with something simple that could use up some of the left-over pork from the other night. A cubano sandwich is a grilled sandwich with pork (check), ham, Swiss cheese, mustard and bread-and-butter pickles - so basically I had to buy a whole bunch of other things just to use up some cooked pork.

I did fortunately have some hash browns in the freezer ready to be oven baked to perfection as a side to the sandwiches. Probably not traditional.

I thought the sandwiches are not too bad, the pickles overpowered the other components a little. In the end Biggs did turn up at dinner time so I was able to feed her cubunos rather than the delivered fast food chain hamburgers that she had planned.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I gratefully accepted these tasty treats when I drunkenly stumbled through the door after seeing friends for cocktails.