Tuesday 17 March 2015

Chicken and Tortillas (by G)

I had planned to make Biggs my famous corn tortillas from scratch but fuck that - I was too tired. Instead I bought a packet of little flour tortillas and served them with a whole chicken breast in a Mexican inspired sauce.

The sauce was just minced garlic and bacon (because I had defrosted some by mistake) with red onion, red chilli, green chilli, cumin powder, paprika, oregano, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, a tin of tomatoes and some stock - simmered for ages with the chicken breasts in situ.

The result was not too bad. Note how I artfully dumped a bunch of chopped fresh coriander on top for flavour and presentation.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was a nifty one. A chunk of delicious meats and some tortillas to do with what I pleased? Excellent!