Thursday 26 March 2015

Vegetable Jalfrezi (by Biggs)

Tonight's dinner is a tribute to the fine nation of India and their timely departure from the World Cup.

The vegetables in my jalfrezi were cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, onion and beans. They were cooked down in a base of tomato, vinegar, chili, praprika, garam marsala, cumin seeds and onion seeds.

I went to the local Indian shop and, when I asked for onion seeds, they gave me Nigella seeds. There was much contention in the household as to whether I was us using the right seeds or not but it turns out that the term 'onion seeds' is a little misleading.....not actually the seeds of an onion. I had the right ones.....seeds of a, err....nigella.

I also served some naan, paneer and mint with dinner. It was tasty but I'm sure not ready for a vegetarian lifestyle quite yet.

1 comment:

G said...

I must let Biggs know that meat makes an excellent substitute for cauliflower. This dinner was pretty good though.