Wednesday 4 March 2015

Egg Salad and Ham (by Biggs)

I was watching the office last night and one of the characters was partaking in egg salad for lunch. At this point I realised I'd never been really sure what egg salad is so I was going to make it for dinner. It turns out egg salad is essentially just hardboiled eggs in mayonnaise. Nothing wrong with that but I decided to jazz this one up a bit by adding crispy bacon, chives, celery, paprika, sriracha, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.

I spent quite some thinking what to serve with my egg salad and in the end went with the classic ham combo. I thought it would be nice to have gherkins through the salad but I couldn't be arsed chopping them so just served them on the side.

Bread with dinner seems to be becoming a standard in out household.

1 comment:

G said...

I like anything that has anything to do with eggs - including egg salad. The combination with the ham steak was most eggcellent.