Wednesday 11 March 2015

Fish with Gnocchi (by G)

One of the most vexing aspects of life is that I have a sustainable fish app on my phone but never seem to be able to get any sustainable species of fish from the place where I buy fish - on this occasion the markets in the city.  I simply fried the fish (orange roughie in this case) with a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon and served it over some homemade gnocchi.

I was very careful during the first half of making the gnocchi to measure everything out exactly, then I got distracted and lost track and added too much flour to the amount of potato - subsequently the gnocchi turned out a little doughy (but still about a million percent better than the stuff you get fresh in the packets from the supermarket).

The sauce was just some pre-made pasta sauce with onion, fresh tomato, a de-seeded birdseye chilli and some stock added.

The fish was about as terrible as the kind you get in microwave meals for one. The sauce was pretty good - Biggs commented that it had the perfect amount of heat for her palate - it is indeed a good thing that I bought a bag of about 50 birdseye chillis, that should last most of the remainder of the year.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

I appreciate it anytime someone goes to the trouble of making homemade pasta so......dinner was well and truly appreciated.