Saturday 28 March 2015

Kangaroo with Raw Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad (by Biggs)

There were several reasons dinner was going to be served late this evening. Fortunately I picked out a dinner that would only take about 10 minutes to put together. Finally, a reason to eat raw foods.

The salad was raw cauliflower and raw broccoli, red onion, bacon and a dressing of mayonnaise, mustard and Old Bay Spice.

I asked G what protein to cook and he suggested kangaroo. I wasn't sure how to approach the cooking of the roo and decided to go about it much the same as lamb. Four minutes on each side, four minutes resting.

Dinner was pretty good. My favourite bit was the bacon. Oven baked streaky bacon is the way of the future.

1 comment:

G said...

I was pretty impressed with the Kangaroo, it is not something I've eaten much of in the past.

The favourite thing was the dressing on the vegetables. No, wait... the bacon! The bacon was excellent.