Saturday 7 March 2015

Sushi (by G)

Biggs was away and I was not too hungry at dinner time so I decided to check out the sushi train place near where I live - it changed owners months and months ago and I've been meaning to go back to see if things have improved.  Being a Saturday night I was a bit trepidatious thinking the place would maybe be overflowing with people.  No worries there, the place was deserted -  I thought perhaps the place was closing for the night because the staff were sweeping and wiping down the tables - I think perhaps they were just trying to keep busy.

The positives about this place now that it is under new management - it is very clean, there no shortage of seats, condiments or chopsticks. The main negative, for me, was that the sushi was so old I suspect it may have been part of the inventory passed on from the previous owners.  I can eat a lot of bad sushi train sushi - on this occasion, however, I was only able to choke down one with chicken inside, one with chicken on top and one with tinned tuna inside. It was all terribly shit. It is the fastest and cheapest meal I've had in a long time.

To be a little bit fair I think perhaps their focus has moved away from the sushi train and towards bowls of Japanese curry and noodles. Judging by the lack of customers this is not a success either - but I would like to give them another chance...

No comments: