Thursday 5 March 2015

Mini Pizzas (by G)

I tried to make pizzas in a hurry, that was not a great decision.  I made a pizza dough earlier in the day, then come dinner time I flattened balls of the dough flat with the tortilla press. When I bought the press the woman who served me said it was an excellent secondary use for tortilla presses ("Just don't tell the Mexicans"). She is probably right but my dough was a bit too wet and did not press well.

To keep the pizzas simple I just made two kinds, margarita (tomato paste, mozzarella and basil) and a pesto pizza. The two main problems were:

1) the pesto was too fine - I had made it in the drink whizzing attachment for the food processor and it pulverised the whole think to an almost liquid consistency.

2) The pizzas were not crispy but doughy. I think the issue there was that I forgot to buy baking paper and instead used a silicon baking mat, which is pretty much the opposite of a baking stone. The results were disappointing.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

These weren't G's best attempt at pizzas but I still scarfed down plenty of them.