Sunday 29 March 2015

Griffith Vietnamese (by Biggs)

I flew into Canberra today for work. Fortunately my frolleague (a term he coined tonight) Nick and his delightful girlfriend Steph rescued me from my depressing hotel room and took me out to dinner.

We headed to Canberra institution Griffith Vietnamese. Last time I was in Canberra, Kirst recommend I have dinner here so was glad to get the chance this time round.

Steph is vegetarian and Nick is celebrating meatless March so we decided to get a bunch of vegetarian delights to share. One sizzling with bean curd, a black bean something something and a noodle dish with some tasty savoury tofu.

The highlight of the meal was a table visit from restaurant owner Mr Tan, the unofficial mayor of Griffith. If suburbs can have a mayor, Mr Tan is the man! He touched me and everything.

Actually, the real highlight of the meal was spending a touch of time with Nick and Steph. Thanks for dinner guys!

No comments: