Wednesday 21 May 2014

Asian Chicken Rice Noodle Salad (by G)

I've been a bit disappointed recently with the appearance of my meals - they appear as if a flavour monster took a dump on our dinner plates. I did an internet search for something along the lines of 'elegant dinner' - the results were very uninspiring, apparently no-one knows how to make good looking food. The best looking dish amongst them was this one.

It's a salad of fennel, cabbage, carrot with a chilli, vinegar, sugar dressing. I used both red and jalapeño chilli - also I added soy sauce, what is Asian without soy? On top is some sliced chicken thigh. The recipe called for the chicken to be seasoned with salt and pepper only - I decided to add a bit more flavour so I marinated the thighs in garlic, ginger and ketjap manis.

I thought the level of chilli was nice, just a slight burn with a nice jalapeño flavour. Judging by the way Biggs was gasping like a beached trout the chilli level was a bit over the top for some.

Biggs offered to take the photo for me so it would look good - I resisted. Below is the result:

1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was great....and fresh....and hot!