Thursday 8 May 2014

Lamb Mince Curry and Scramby Eggs (by G)

I had a plan to make hoppers tonight on account of the fact that I've wanted to make them for quite some time - and, strangely, found package hopper mix at the Indian grocer on the weekend.

When I got home today I discovered that the hopper mix has to prove for 3 hours before being cooked - I don't got that kind of time on a Thursday so I switched plans.

The lamb and vegetable curry I was originally going to make was still do-able, so I did it, but instead of the hoppers I scrambled some eggs - why not.

I'm pretty pleased that I get to make something else to have with the hoppers when I make them on Saturday because the curry was not particularly special or Sri Lankan - the only reason to make it was to use the lamb mince I got out of the freezer yesterday before I knew what I was going to make.

The only thing interesting with dinner was that I used coconut milk in the scrambled eggs - I've never done that before, it didn't add much but the eggs weren't bad so I think it wasn't a terrible thing.


1 comment:

Biggs said...

This was good and satisfying particularly when teamed with boxed wine.

I was quite impressed with G's scramby eggs. Though, as you know, I lack egg confidence so am easily impressed when someone cooks eggs.