Wednesday 14 May 2014

Guacamole Dogs and Potato Gems (by G)

I actually had a plan for dinner but then I forgot that I had a plan and then I had no ideas on what to have for dinner so I got some sausages out of the freezer figuring I could work something out.  Biggs had also asked me to use the rest of the salsa from dinner the night before.

I figured a hot dog was an easy option so I did that. A search for fancy hot dogs came up with a guacamole dog which seemed to fit the salsa theme.  The guacamole had under-ripe avocados, chilli, garlic, coriander, lime, salt and pepper.

Not much else to say except that I oven roasted some potato gems just for the fun of it. I don't think I've actually had potato gems before - I did not expect them to be as they were.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I can confirm I have had potato gems before but have never had a guacamole dog. I like them.

It was particularly satisfying to see left-overs being used.