Saturday 3 May 2014

Indian Bean, Broccoli and Carrot Salad (by Biggs)

When I was looking for a salad recipe the other day I came across this one and thought it might be good to keep up my sleeve. My sleeve is very short so I had to dish it out tonight.

I wasn't super keen for lots of vegetables but alas, it's how this dinner works. Lots of veges fried off in mustard seeds, chili flakes, turmeric and cumin served with some naan bread and a yoghurt mixed with ginger, cumin and mint.

This was a tasty dinner but I'm sure would have been much better with the sunflower seeds I forgot to add.

1 comment:

G said...

I thought tonight's dinner was very nice - meatless as it was, it was very nice. Quite spicy with a good hit of ginger in the yoghurt.

The beans were perfectly cooked - now that Biggs has perfected vegetables she may be ready to graduate to meat.