Friday 9 May 2014

Lamb Koftas and Couscous (by G)

Because I had some lamb mince left over from last night's dinner and considering Biggs was away for the evening I decided to do some koftas.  For flavour I added grated onion and garlic to the mince along with salt, pepper and cumin powder. I accidentally added an egg to bind the mince, but there wasn't really enough mince to take a whole egg so the mix got very sloppy. We do not have breadcrumbs in the house so I added chickpea flour - which I though was genius.

Couscous is the natural partner of the kofta so I made some couscous, flavoured with chorizo (non-traditional I'd imagine) and olives - also I pan roasted some sunflower seeds for texture.

The koftas were not great - for some reason they were lacking in flavour. I do not know how that happened.

The couscous, on the other hand, was excellent and very flavourful. I was very happy with the couscous.

No comments: