Tuesday 27 May 2014

TortillaTuesday (by G)

I had been dreaming for some days about a meal that would be so awesome it would shut down the world-wide-web for good. My plan was to make a kind of empanada with maize flour instead of flour then deep fry them to crispy perfection - how awesome would that be?

Unfortunately, when I made a tester, the corn tortillas I had made fresh started to split and wouldn't seal up properly for the deep frying. Rather than flail and fail I decided to deep-fry the corn tortillas and just serve the meat and dippings on the side.

I'm so deflated with lack of execution on the plan that I don't much feel like going into too much more detail.

There was 2 types of meat (pork mince and chicken thigh) simmered to tender with red onion, oregano, paprika, cumin and chicken stock. There was a guacamole and a tomato salsa each made with jalapeno, red onion, coriander, lime juice and such - also some sour cream with a dusting of cumin and salt.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Two meats good, though up until now I thought it was pork and pork...hmmm.

The fried tortillas were amazing but that was before I knew they were meant to be stuffed.

Still....pretty amazing. Mainly I'm amazed that G could afford two avocados.