Friday 2 May 2014

Mushroom Fettuccine (by Biggs)

Our household enjoys the odd mushroom so I've planned to make a mushroom pasta for quite some time. It was cold and rainy today so I decided today was as good a day as any. Or even, a better day than most, to have a mushroom pasta.

Unfortunately I couldn't find many different types of mushrooms so I only used large flat mushrooms, small button mushrooms and some oyster mushrooms. I fried them off with some thyme and garlic then added white wine, butter and a dash of balsamic vinegar.

The mushrooms were served on a fettuccine. I was going to use pappardelle but couldn't only find wholemeal and thought I was already pushing it with a vegetarian dinner. Parmesan cheese was added for good luck.....and flavour.

1 comment:

G said...

Biggs was not a fan of mushrooms when she was a wee one - that she now uses it as a substitute for protein is both inspiring and troubling.

I've always liked mushrooms - combined with sunlight they help me produce vitamin D. Garlic was a nice touch as vampire numbers are on the rise with the approach of winter.