Wednesday 7 May 2014

Bacon and Pepperoni Pasta (by Biggs)

I asked G what I should make for dinner tonight and he suggested another pasta due to the cold snap we're experiencing.

I decided to replicate an Amanda recipe. She once told me that you can buy 6 olives, 1 rasher of bacon, some spaghetti and cook it up for a delicious dinner. So, I bought a punnet of olives, 6 rashers of bacon, a handful of salami, a punnet of cherry tomatoes, parsley and parmesen cheese.

Allegedly G's favourite pasta is 'little shells'. There weren't any 'little shells' in the supermarket so I went with 'curls'. Genuine Italian terms those ones.

I wanted to add some chili but we've only got the bag of bird's eye chilies and I thought it would be difficult to disperse their intense heat throughout the dish. Fortunately the salami had the required warmth.

My assessment of dinner is that it was super, super delicious.  

2 comments:

G said...

Let me do a tally of ingredients in tonight's dinner and see if you can tell me why it was good:

Vegetables: 1
Fruits: 1
Herbs: 1
Dariy: 1
Starches: 1
Meats: 2!

G said...

In retrospect tomato is a fruit so I retract my comment above - it was only half as good as I first suspected.