Tuesday 13 May 2014

Cajun ChickenTortillas (by Biggs)

I really, truly meant to make my own tortillas tonight but chickened out last minute and just bought a packet of them instead.
 
Speaking of chickens, I had the idea that my Cajun chicken recipe might go quite well in a tortilla. My Cajun chicken recipe is chicken dusted with Cajun spice from a jar. Quite a complicated dish. After I had oven roasted it I 'shredded' it a bit with a knife for volume.
 
The salsa was a salad style salsa that I thought would freshen up the Cajun well. It was one red onion, one cucumber, one green capsicum, one bunch of coriander, two jalapeños and the juice of one lime.
 
I thought a touch of dairy also wouldn't go astray and we luckily had a little left over cheese and sour cream in the fridge.
 
It's a good day when I don't poison the household. Today was a good day.  


1 comment:

G said...

I've never had tortillas before - if this is what they are, I'm on board. We should have them at least once a week.

The salsa quantity was magnificent.