Thursday 18 June 2015

Chicken and Leek Casserole (by Biggs)

I'm back in business, but still wasn't too enthusiastic to put much effort into dinner. I asked G what he wanted and he replied 'MEAT'.

I was a bit worried that chicken wouldn't cut it as 'MEAT' but then I recalled what lyrical masters Butterfingers have to say about that: "Chicken's not a vegetable"...which I think was what G was mainly after - no vegetables. We have laid them on pretty thick this week (for us).

The casserole was chicken thighs with leeks, bacon, thyme, garlic, mushrooms and stock. An hour and a half in the oven and it was sorted.

Oh, and there was wine in there.....it had been a couple of days since a drink so I bought a not inexpensive bottle to both share and pair with dinner.

1 comment:

G said...

I like leeks, though they are technically a vegetable. Chicken's not a vegetable though. Good casserole, but I didn't get to share the wine. I think Biggs means she shared it with the casserole...