Tuesday 30 June 2015

Lebanese Tortillas (by Biggs)

Boy, I really haven't cooked in a while. The second I stepped into the grocery store to collect the fixings I had an instant brain aneurism from frustration alone. I should really look into getting groceries delivered. However, once I'd bought the supplies and extracted myself from the horror of shopping, I scuttled home to make this treat.

I was watching Lebanese Food Safari recently and quickly realised that a kebab could be served on a tortilla and pass as a Tuesday night dinner. I made a tabouli, mainly from parsley and tomatoes. I couldn't find bulgur in the supermarket and was disappointed to discover we didn't even have the half-arsed substitute of couscous at home. It also had garlic, spring onions, pepper and lemon.

The lamb was coated in garlic, lemon and oregano and roasted to perfection. The hummus was from a jar.

It's probably worth mentioning that Fi supplied us with the fresh dried oregano - it's from her garden and serving our household well.

1 comment:

G said...

This was an excellent and inspired idea - mainly because of the hummus, I love that shit.