Wednesday 17 June 2015

Vegetable Noodles (by G)

Damned Vegetarian Wednesday. All I could think to do this time around is a kind of vegetarian ramen. A bowl with a little bit of minced garlic, coriander and chilli in the bottom topped with instant vegetarian noodles.

On top of the noodles were mixed mushrooms fried in a lot of garlic and butter, along with a piece of spring onion that I deliberately charred. The kids are all about charring things these days so I thought I would give it a try - I have to say, the kids may be on to something.

There was a whole lot of garlic butter left in the pan after frying the mushrooms, I wasn't sure what to do with it so I just poured it on top. That was an inspired decision - less inspired was the decision to add fried tofu. The tofu was the low point in what was otherwise a surprisingly delicious meal.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Man, if the mac and cheese didn't fix me this definitely did. Unfortunately I'm still quite unwell with not much of an appetite so didn't really do dinner justice.

I really could eat noodles for dinner almost every night though.

Oh, and the charred spring onion on top was sensational. We should add one of them to dinner every night.