Monday 8 June 2015

Meat and Five Veg (by Biggs)

I do like the idea of a Sunday Roast and had that in mind when I bought this beef. Unfortunately it already came marinated, I couldn't find one that wasn't. But, the garlic, herby, red wine was not too bad. And, even thought you may thing this looks overcooked it's pretty much how we enjoy our roasts cooked. No gravy but a variety of mustards were instead provided.

For sides I decided we should try for a five vegetable day....which is meant to be every day I guess. I went with five of the most palatable vegetables - broccoli, corn, carrot, peas and little potatoes. The potatoes were generously coated in butter and chives.

1 comment:

G said...

I hate to credit the supermarket with improving things - but the texture and flavour of this meat was supreme. I guess I should credit Biggs with cooking it to our satisfaction. The corn and potatoes were also excellent.