Friday 19 June 2015

Chicken PBBJLT Rolls (by G)

I wanted to create something a bit unique for dinner and, as Biggs was dining elsewhere, I seized my opportunity.

Below is a photo of my creation - Chicken Peanut Butter, Bacon Jam Lettuce and Tomato rolls. The peanut butter took the form of a spicy satay sauce on top, on the bottom is the bacon jam. My original plan was to grill some nice fresh chicken but all the stuff at the independent supermarket was reduced to clear which makes my skin crawl a little... so I went with a barbequed chicken instead (I guess that's what happens to chicken that is just too old to sell raw).

Despite supressing the sweeteners while making the bacon jam it was still a bit sweet for me in the end and the satay sauce was not quite spicy enough to offset it.  This idea is definitely a work in progress.

No comments: