Thursday 25 June 2015

Mexican Cowboy Breakfast (by G)

I wanted to make cowboy's breakfast for dinner but I'm pretty sure I've made that sometime in the past couple of years - so I thought I would put a spin on it to for a little variety... instead of using baked beans I cooked up some frijoles negros, then combined them with sausages and tinned potatoes.

I forgot to buy oil to fry the sausages and eggs in so I was forced to render some bacon for its oily properties and fry everything in that instead. No problem though, the bacon went into the beans along with some onion, garlic, coriander, tomato, red and green chillies and a touch of vegetable stock.

Normally cowboy's breakfast would not have a fried egg, but I was in the mood for one... and it gave me the opportunity to present dinner in a sun shape. Biggs did not seem to appreciate my creativity on that front.

If I was a Mexican cowboy and wanted breakfast for dinner this is what I would have.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Oh boy, this was exactly what I was in the mood for. The beans were great, sausages stupendous and potatoes good once G gave them an extra dusting of smoked salt.