Tuesday 9 June 2015

Lahmacun Tortillas (by G)

We are not permitted to have pizza in the month of June due to an over-reliance on that food substance in the recent past. That aside, I decided some Turkish lamb pizza tortillas were probably permissible.

The tortillas were made by mixing lamb mince with dried crushed chilli, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste and sumac then spreading the mix on some store-bought tortillas then cooking them in the oven.

Once that was done the tortillas were topped with yoghurt and a salsa of tomato, red onion, parsley and lemon juice.

These tortillas were pretty good - not all of them were cooked as dark as those shown blow.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

These were great. After two I thought I was about done but G kept offering me another, and another, and, I couldn't say no. I think I ended up eating five of these things. That does some interesting things to your digestive track overnight.