Monday 29 June 2015

Steak and Potato Bake (by G)

This is basically the meal I had planned to cook a couple of nights earlier when I had an untimely lack of consciousness.

Apart from some griddled steak and blanched asparagus there was a potato bake inspired by the delightful James Martin.

Baked potatoes were topped with a mix of sautéed leeks, garlic, bacon, shallot, wine, cream and cheese... then baked again.  Pre-baking the potatoes in a potato bake is an excellent idea - they come out much less raw that way.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

I was very happy to be eating steak. It was nice to have something green for a change. Dinner was all round nice. I did think the potato bake tasted suspiciously like my chicken and leek casserole from last week. I guess it's the poor man's version with potatos.