Friday 12 June 2015

Roti Canai Chicken Pie (by G)

Sometime I can make a very nice roti canai sauce, sometimes I can't. This time I was hoping to make a nice roti canai sauce, mix it with chicken and vegetables and put that in a pie.

As far as it goes, the project went okay. I made a bit of a sauce from fried onion, curry powder and secret sauce ingredients. It did occur to me that this mix would be going into a pie so I also mixed through some corn flour to thicken it up some.

I par cooked some potato and carrot, fried up a bit of chicken mixed that with the sauce, added some peas then popped that into a tin lined with short crust pastry.

Mostly things went well, unfortunately the pie filling fell out of the pie when it came to serving it up, but what can one do? On the scale of nice roti canai sauces this was about a C-.


No comments: