Monday 1 June 2015

Stir-fried Vegetables with Pork (by G)

Biggs has expressed the desire to eat more vegetables and it occurred to me that the easiest way to do that is to throw a whole bunch of them into a stir-fry.

I fried some garlic then added balanced broccolini and carrot, mushrooms, red capsicum, spring onions and zucchini then fried them to tender. Though I'm sure vegetables have amazing flavour I thought I should kick it up a bit with some oyster sauce and ketjap manis along with some cornflour slurry to thicken the sauces. I also added a healthy dose of sesame oil.

Nothing goes better with vegetables than a decent amount of animal protein. I bought a huge chunk of pork butt for a recipe later in the week but figured I should utilise the surplus as soon as possible. I sliced off a few pieces, simply seasoned them with salt and white pepper then grilled the shit out of them. I may have taken the pork a bit past the point of crispy delicious to leathery delicious. That, and the fact I may have over used the oyster sauce, were the only two major drawbacks to this meal.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

If you're going to have vegetables be sure to make them salty vegetables. They were good! I just hope some of the nutrients leeched into my body somehow. The pork jerky was most excellent.