Sunday 31 May 2015

Roast Chicken (by Biggs)

It's been a couple of weeks since I cooked and I decided I wanted to try my hand at something I'd never done before. Yes, that's right, I've never made a roast chicken before. It's true - check the blog.

I just get nervous that any roast is going to turn out super average, or undercooked, or overcooked. This one turned out to be none of those things. Oh, well, it was fairly average but definitely edible.

I used a Jamie Oliver recipe and placed the chicken on a bed of onion, garlic, celery, carrots, thyme, bay leaves and rosemary, shoved a hot lemon up it's jacksie, then dumped it in the oven for an hour and a half.

I have no idea if the herbs and vegetables did anything but, it sure did look good.

I served the chicken with peas, whole carrots, packet potatoes and packet gravy. I think I'll skip the packet potatoes and packet gravy next time.

1 comment:

G said...

I've roasted a few chickens in my time - it's not my favourite thing to do, there is always a slight sense of dread that the chicken will not be completely cooked. Biggs did a good job of not only cooking the chicken but not drying it out as I am wont to do.