Friday 8 May 2015

Pies, Wedges and Pea Puree (by G)

Welcome to 'Fucked if I could be bothered Friday'. I was too tired to make an effort over dinner so I decided to do a variation on a celebration meal that Biggs and I used to have in our less affluent past - 'Peas, Pies and piles of Fries'.

Two varieties of pies (6 pies total) and some oven wedges came straight from their packets and into the oven. I did go to a little effort for the pea puree - browned some onions and garlic, added some vegetable stock, frozen peas, pepper and a little cream then blitzed the whole lot in the food processor. It was a bit thick post-blitz so I added more cream until it was the correct consistency. Oh yeah, Heston was on the TV in the background and mentioned that fish sauce is an excellent accompaniment to meat, so I splashed a little fish sauce in there as well (I figure commercial pies still have to have at least some meat in them).

The sauce was a hit, death defyingly rich - but pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

PIES! I like pies.

What I like better was the pea sauce - it was incredibly rich and savoury. Incredible!