Thursday 7 May 2015

DIY Halloumi Burgers (by Biggs)

Tonight is our 1000th post on Tortilla Tuesday so I thought I'd do a bit of a Throwback Thursday to where it all began. And, I was determined not to let G get away without a vegetarian meal this week.

The burgers were fairly simple. I made up a bit of a salsa salad type thing with tomatoes, red onions, chives and basil and also provided multigrain bread rolls, lettuce and fried cheese. G had to work the rest out for himself.

I didn't construct the burgers and instead just brought out the fixings so we could build our own. We don't usually like family style dinners - it means we have to do stuff ourselves and also means we have to share. Two things we do not enjoy. But, G has very specific thoughts on how burgers should be constructed so instead of putting myself at the risk of fucking it up and being at the wrath of G, I just let him do it himself.

A tasty enough, but fairly boring dinner. I'm glad I bought a second packet of halloumi so we could have seconds and thirds.

1 comment:

G said...

I have virtually no recollection of the first halloumi sliders all that time ago, but I remember these ones. The combinaiton of the halloumi and the salsa/salad was excellent. Even the little multigrain rolls were a good choice.