Thursday 28 May 2015

Pad See-Ew...sort of (by Biggs)

I'm working up at Maroochydore for the next couple of days and staying in a fairly seedy hotel room. I thought that would motivate me to go out and about for dinner but by the time I got home very late after a very long day I only just had the energy to order some food on-line to be delivered.

I went with a local 'generic Asian' place and ordered a Pad See-Ew. The restaurant ended up calling me to say they'd run out of lime, thick noodles and a bunch of other things but she was happy to make me 'something'. The 'something' that she made me tasted a little odd but I couldn't quite work out why. I didn't eat much of it.

What I did eat were the Thai fish cakes. I love those things. I'd expected them to just be frozen ones from a box but these appeared to be home-made and were delicious - spicey with a distinct kaffir lime leaf flavour.

No comments: