Monday 18 May 2015

Sticks (by Biggs)

Tonight I was a bit spoilt by Fi and Dan and was taken out to yakitori for my birthday. I took Fi to Bird's Nest for her birthday so she reciprocated for mine....a habit I hope sticks for years to come. Speaking of sticks, that's now how Fi affectionately refers to this place "going for sticks".

Sticks were ordered but, not before an awesome entree of pate and roasted garlic. The garlic was served with miso paste, salt and lemon. Sensational!

I didn't photograph all the sticks. Initially, just one of my favourites - chicken tails but then, my definite favourite - chicken hearts. We were also super keen on the chicken with shallots. Oh, and the chicken wings. Let's face it, the sticks were in fact all-round great!

Dan was still hungry after sticks so we finished off with a curry and a round of rice balls. For something so simple the rice ball sure is a wonderful thing.




No comments: