Wednesday 6 May 2015

Vegetarian Pasta (by Biggs)

Well, I remembered Vegetarian Wednesday even if G didn't. Admittedly my Vegetarian Wednesday was incidental but it happened none-the-less.....and was delicious!

I went to my friend Nancy's house for wine.....I mean dinner. But, mainly we had wine. I'm usually not too helpful and just get in the way when I'm at Nancy's house for dinner. I generally just perch myself on a kitchen stool while Nancy slaves away over the stove and tops up my wine.

Tonight however I tried to be a little more helpful given Nancy has badly broken her elbow and sustained serious nerve damage (roller skating is dangerous!!!). I opened the wine, served up the entree cheese (a happy constant in this household), filled pots with water, pasta and sauce from the freezer, I grated the cheese, served dinner and sliced up the dessert nougat. It was so lovely to feel helpful around Nancy (though am not too happy this is a result of a serious injury)....usually I feel a like a bit of a child.

Speaking of children, it was lovely to share dinner with Nancy's children. Her daughter set the table complete with glittery butterflies. Her son served up seconds and packed the dishwasher afterwards. And, we got to 'have a conversation' over dinner. We discussed our favourite part of the day (visiting Nancy!) and something we worked hard on (conducting a large number of job interviews at work!).

It was a really lovely night. I feel really happy and grounded after spending dinner with Nancy and her family.

No comments: