Monday 4 May 2015

Lamb Skewers and Cous Cous (by G)

Having made skeweres the other day I decided there were not enough skewered foods in our life.

These skewers are a combination of lamb, red onion, green capsicum and mushrooms - marinated in traditional spices (cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and oil) then grilled.

For the cous cous I finely chopped the leftover skewer vegetables and fried them with some more red onion, garlic and pine nuts then simmered it in chicken style stock for 10 minutes and folded in all the butter I own. I also shelled about a million sugar snap peas and added them at the end but they were so small that they barely registered.

I was disappointed in the skewers, in hindsight skewers should probably be 60 - 100% meat, and they should be tasty.  Other than that small point dinner was fine.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yep - this was a win. The cous cous was particularly delicious.