Saturday 9 May 2015

Pork with Roasted Garlic and Fresh Herbs (by Biggs)

Urghh....well, this was a hell of a lot of effort for not much reward! I wanted to do a really lovely slow cooked pork full of deliciousness. It didn't exactly work out that way.

First I brined a shoulder of pork in a mix of water, salt, sugar, bay leaves, garlic and parsley for about 15 hours. I then roasted 3 heads of garlic and mixed them with parsley, oregano and rosemary and coated the pork with it.

It was in the oven for about 5.5 hours and rested for quite some time but instead of being nice and soft and melt in the mouth it came out just a bit well, overdone.

The vegetables were nice....some beans, red onion, tomatoes and corn very quickly fried off in some of the pork drippings.

G enquired about gravy (I think he was quietly mocking me about my last gravy failure) but I thought the pork would be so incredibly delicious and moist that it wouldn't be required. I was wrong but, it was still pork so I was still pretty happy.

1 comment:

G said...

Yes, well, pork is fickle but never bad. Though it is a sad day when pork is overshadowed by delicious vegetables.