Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sizzle Steak Tortillas (by G)

Need tortillas in a hurry? Try sizzle steaks - I think that's the hip new word for low grade, thin sliced minute steaks. I just seasoned the slices of meat with paprika, cumin powder, coriander powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper then fried them muy rapido.

To add some other flavour and texture I also made a salsa salad of red onion, red chilli, cucumber, coriander and lemon juice; a mix of avocado, smoked salt and lemon juice; and black beans (frijoles negros) - tinned black beans, fried red onion and garlic, chicken stock simmered until the beans were tender.

I thought the beans were great - partly because I had anticipated they would be awful. The combo of flavours and textures was also very much to my liking.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Man, these were satisfying. Excellently tender steak - nice savoury beans!