Friday 22 May 2015

Tiba's (by Biggs)

I caught up with my friends Brendan and Mandi tonight at Tiba's, a family run Lebanese restaurant in Brunswick.

I can not talk this place up enough. We ordered a couple of vegetarian platters and ate like Kings. The food was sensational. There were bits and pieces to satisfy your every whim - falafel, cheese pie, spinach pie, vine leaves, chick peas, pickled vegetables, salads, breads and dips. The stand out for me was a charred, savoury cauliflower.

When we arrived Brendan did warn me in hushed tones that the restaurant doesn't serve or allow alcohol. I think he expected a bit of a scene (he's known me a long while) but vegetables and water is exactly what I needed after ruining myself through the power of beer and dance last night.

I tried to give Brendan money for dinner but he refused on the basis that it would only cost about $10. I checked later and he was right. Incredible.

A perfect dinner, perfect food but mainly....perfect company.

No comments: