Wednesday 6 May 2015

Beef Cheek Chili (by G)

A while ago I had ambitiously defrosted a packet of beef cheeks thinking I would cook them for a weeknight dinner, but realised there wouldn't be enough time to get them tender enough in time - so I cooked something else. So as not to waste the beef cheeks I decided to cook them up at the same time and freeze them for a time when I was feeling lazy.

The sauce was not too thrilling, tinned tomato, red chilli, garlic and some stock - I simmered the cheeks in that for a few hours and that was that. When I tried the sauce I realised it was waaaay too hot to serve to Biggs so I stored the cheeks away in the freezer until I was on my own for dinner.

That certainly made this dinner prep easy - I just defrosted the cheeks then microwaved them to the correct temperature. I was too lazy even to make rice so I just served them with a couple of thick slices of toast.

The sauce was too watery and lacking in depth but it was plenty hot. I felt the burn all the way from one sphincter to the other for the next couple of days...

No comments: