Sunday 24 May 2015

Nut Loaf and Vegetables (by Biggs)

Dinner tonight was a delightful and unexpected home-cooked meal.

I had vague plans with Nick but we were both playing Sunday a little low-key. My Sunday then got very low-key so I was taken to a pub and plied with beer.

When we left the pub Nick (perhaps a little reluctantly) mentioned that his girlfriend Steph had extended an invitation for me to join them for dinner. I (not reluctantly at all) accepted the invitation in a heartbeat. I love a home-cooked meal, I love a relaxed family dinner, I'm really quite fond of Nick and Steph so the choice was obvious.

Steph had made a nut loaf. It was delicious - savoury and satisfying with generous chunks of nuts. The veges were great too. It's no secret that peas and corn are my favourites....

Red wine is another one of my favourites and that too was on offer.

I feel much better about life having hung out with Nick for the afternoon. Unfortunately he reminded me that work is waiting in the wings for me and I'm jumping on a plane back to Queensland tomorrow. Sigh.

Back to the pub.

No comments: