Tuesday 26 May 2015

Pork and Chorizo Tortilla Cups (by G)

I noticed recently that Biggs likes chorizo so I decided to welcome her home with a chorizo based tortilla meal.

The original idea was to make up a kind of chorizo and pork mince concoction an then serve it kind of quesadilla style but while I was at the supermarket I had a sudden inspiration to buy cottage cheese instead of the melty kind. It was only when I had almost comleted dinner prep that I realised that without the melty cheese the tortillas were unlikely to hold together, so I went with tortilla cups.

The mince was pretty simple - fried onion, garlic, pork mince and chorrizo flavour boosted with some onion powder, cumin, paprika and oregano. I also added a little stock to help the flavours mingle.

I created the tortilla cups by pressing the tortilla into the underside of a muffin tray and oven baking them.

To serve I just filled the cups with the mince and topped with cottage cheese and some finely diced jalapeno. There was also the option of some storebought salsa - mild. So mild in fact that it lacked almost any flavour so I resorted to sriracha.

I was hoping things would be a bit more flavourful than they ultimately turned out. Oh well.

1 comment:

Biggs said...

Yes, I do like chorizo and I thought these innards were good. I don't think we should dabble in jar salsa anymore though.