Sunday 3 May 2015

BBQd Satay Chicken and Charred Vegetables (by Biggs)

I didn't expect to be home tonight so had to come up with a plan last minute. I knew I had BBQ coals leftover from a few weeks ago and was in the mood for a BBQ so conjured up an idea....satay chicken.

I lazied the satay sauce with peanut butter and added soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, honey, curry powder and coconut milk. I marinated the chicken in a similar mix and charred it on a very hot BBQ that, once again, took me a couple of goes to light.

I thought we could really, really do with some vegetables so thinly sliced some zucchini and carrot and dumped it on the BBQ, along with some pak choy.

Dinner was quite excellent. We didn't want to waste the coals so wrapped up some dessert potatoes in alfoil and buried them in the coals. Much butter and salt was added for maximum deliciousness.

1 comment:

G said...

Chicken - very good, vegetables - very good, satay sauce - very good.

This was very good meal - the vegetables were unexpectedly excellent. Vegetables will surprise you like that occasionally.