Tuesday 2 June 2015

"Spicy" Beef Enchiladas (by Biggs)

G has been suffering from a serious case of the dreaded lurgy for the past few days and today I too caught the Black Death. As a result I was not keen to put too much effort into dinner. Even though it was Tortilla Tuesday, I also didn't want to serve anything family style that involved us touching shared food and spreading our germs even further. We really are quite sick.

I could only think of enchiladas as an easy, non-shared meal so, even though we've had them recently, I went with that. I was completely freaked out by cancer-causing anal polyps on Michael Mosley's Should We Eat Meat last night and was convinced it was going to be 100% tofu and vegetables from here on out. Clearly that plan didn't last. G was in fact hoping death would come faster today to put him out of his misery, so I tried to assist with a dinner of red meat, cheese and sour cream.

I did add an onion, a whole head of garlic and four chilies to try and fix us. If we don't update the blog tomorrow you'll know it didn't work.

The enchiladas were fine enough but did get a touch soggy on the top.

1 comment:

G said...

Unfortunately I have temporarily lost my sense of taste so I can't really comment on the flavour of the enchiladas. They were filling and had good texture though.